About KTB

Our History

Keep Troup Beautiful was organized in the early 1990’s by a group of LaGrange/Troup County citizens interested in recycling and beautification. Under the leadership of Emily Joseph this group was created as an ad hoc committee to encourage the City of LaGrange to build the Recycling Center located on Davis Road. The committee then initiated efforts to become a certified Keep America Beautiful Affiliate under the name Troup Clean and Beautiful. In 1992 the organization was recognized as a KAB affiliate and Mellody Reaves was elected to serve as the organization’s first Chair.

In 1998, the Board changed the name to Keep Troup Beautiful to conform with the national organization – Keep America Beautiful. Over the past years, KTB has received numerous awards for its litter reduction, recycling, beautification and waste management efforts.


Keep Troup Beautiful is funded by governmental grants and private contributions. Approximately 26% of the organization’s budget is funded by the Cities of LaGrange, West Point and Hogansville and Troup County. Donations from individuals and corporations support the remaining 74% of the budget.

Our Mission

Keep Troup Beautiful encourages behavioral changes and individual responsibility through educational activities which result in a cleaner Troup county.